KAOS at the Frida Cinema
Cast Location: Santa Ana, CA
Cast Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RockyHorrorFrida
Cast Status: Active
Cast Venues: The Frida Cinema
Show Frequency: 2nd Fridays
In the summer of 2014, at a little Mexican restaurant in Downtown Santa Ana, Midnight Insanity alumni Mandi Wallingford and Diego Sanson had dinner with Long Beach Cinematheque director Logan Crow. Over a plate of carne asada nachos, they discussed bringing The Rocky Horror Picture Show to Orange County. With over 20 years experience in the RH community, Mandi and Diego were welcomed with open arms at Logan's recently opened art house, The Frida Cinema. It was here that K.A.O.S. was born.
The goal was simple: we would put together a classic show with an all star line up of cast members from all over Southern California. The response was overwhelmingly positive yet incredibly daunting as we would have just over 2 months to put together our first show in an area that had been a Rocky Horror dead zone for years.
On Friday August 15th, 2014, K.A.O.S. performed to a packed house and we haven't slowed down since! We continue to perform every 2nd Friday of the month to enthusiastic audiences that range from virgins to alumni of fellow casts, many of whom travel from out of state to take part in the festivities. In the past year, we've grown quite a following of regulars, some of whom have donated their own time and resources to keep our show going strong.
K.A.O.S. members have guest performed alongside fellow casts Sins O' The Flesh in Los Angeles; Crazed Imaginations in San Diego; Frankie's Favorite Obsession in Las Vegas; and RKO Army in Rhode Island (just to name a few). We hold very dear to us our connection to the Rocky Horror community at large as was demonstrated in March of 2015 when we, along with multiple Southern California casts organized "A Benefit for Elfboy": a fundraising show for a fellow alum who lost his home, pets, and countless possessions in a devastating fire.
We are so proud to continue the tradition that we all have grown to love. We are grateful to be able to put on a show that not only lives up to our high quality standards but also one that entertains audiences time and time again. Long live K.A.O.S.!
Venue: The Frida Cinema is a program of the Long Beach Cinematheque, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit arts organization. The Frida Cinema will serve Santa Ana and neighboring communities as an art house cinema, dedicated to enriching, connecting, and educating communities through the art of cinema. Located at: 305 4th St. Santa Ana, CA 92701 Ph#(714) 285-9422
- Sarah W
- Sara N
- Sarah B
- KAOS performed at Yelp's Monster Mash II: The Zombie Prom at Anaheim's GardenWalk Center on October 1, 2014.
- On October 17, 2014, KAOS presented a special Halloween show at Riverside's Evergreen Memorial Historic Cemetery for an audience of over 1,700 people. This event was sold out and exceeded capacity of the cemetery.
- On March 24, 2015, KAOS at the Frida Cinema hosted ELF FEST: A Benefit for Steffan. This was a benefit show to assist a friend of the cast and long-time RHPS shadowcast actor, Steffan, who had lost his home in a fire.
- KAOS at the Frida Cinema performed a live shadowcast of Little Shop of Horrors (Directors Cut) on October 14, 2016 to a sold out audience.
- OC Weekly presented KAOS At The Frida Cinema with the Reader's Choice award for Best Musical Production in 2015.
- KAOS was honored with the OC Weekly Reader's Choice award for Best Musical Production in 2016.
- KAOS at the Frida Cinema has partnered with and participated in OC Pride, having a booth present each year (2014, 2015 & 2016) since the cast formed.
- In 2016, KAOS marched in the first annual OC Pride parade in Santa Ana, CA.
- Each summer, the cast hosts the KAOS Beach Party at Bolsa Chica State Beach in Orange County.
- TRHPS Fan Profile: http://www.rockyhorror.com/profiles/cast_2015_1.php
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/448oOfUWsnk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>